I found this drawing in an old newspaper article while searching
through the Statesville library's local history files.
- At far left is the waiting room and a major wing of the hospital.
- Next is the main building, or "old" building, which is still being
- Behind that is another large wing of the hospital with rooms, labs
- To the right of that above the arrow is where pediatrics ended up.
- The area the arrow is pointing to was mentioned in the article as what
would be built. It had various things in it through the years, and was the
section that caught fire during filming of the Boneyard.
- The far right is the boiler/generator building.
- The long building out back is the repair/machine shop.
- The building on the hill was part of the nursing school, and is still
in use by Mitchell Community College.
Back To Locations